Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Top Moments of 2013

I thought I would add in my top TV and Movie moments of this year. Here they are in no particular order. 

The Blacklist is good, Hostages was bad
This is one thing I didn't expect to happen. I was hype when Hostages came on but I soon realized that it wasn't the show for me. Then I checked out The Blacklist and was instantly hooked. Now I have something to look forward to Mondays.

Scandal Exploded
This kind of started in 2012 but I'm mentioning it because of Twitter. Twitter is actually a key component to this show. And now Nielsen has Twitter TV ratings and I'm convinced that Scandal is part of the reason for this. Also the show is crazy good and continues to blow us away every week. 

Glee end in sight
We now know that Glee will end after the 7th season. Will a show like this (characters coming and going) you always wonder when it'll end. All good things must come to an end. 

Have and Have Nots 
I was not a fan of this show. I watched the first episode and thought it was going to be all dramatic and soap opera-esq so I stopped watching. Then I heard a ton of buzz and my sister (who doesn't like anything) was hooked. So I started watching again and found myself wanting more. Now I can't wait for January 7th. 

Web Series/YouTube shows
YouTube is HUGE now and there are many shows on there that are worth watching. My favorites: anything Issa Rae does and the Unwritten Rules. Check these pages out. 

My year of drama TV
I now watch more dramatic shows than comedies. I need more comedy in my life so, HELP!

All the movies starring people of color
Best Man Holiday, The Butler, 12 Years A Slave, 42, Fruitvale Station. Need I say more?!

Cheryl Boone Isaacs the new president of The Academy
The first black president also a woman! Woman power all the way! She's only the 3rd woman to fill this role so let's hope and pray this brings more woman to the job. I'm rooting for her to do an amazing job! 

And there you have it folks. Some of the amazing things that happened in 2013. Hopefully 2014 is bigger and better. Happy New Year to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment