Friday, December 6, 2013

Scandal - YOLO

Well my night was filled with 'I can't deal' and 'what the Huck!' How about yours. I seriously don't know where to begin with this. So much happened in this episode (as if so much doesn't already happen in every episode) so let's just go. 
Huck is back to torturing again and this time it'a Quinn, but we all knew that. But, like he said, he's giving her the "friends and family discount" and he's not going to kill her, so it won't be that bad. This is what she gets for being dumb. If she had just calmed down and not been so interested she wouldn't have lost any of her teeth! Did anyone else's mouth hurt after watching this? (My mouth hurts right now) Huck had to leave her all tied up in her apartment to tend to Olivia who is freaking out about her mother.
How Olivia managed to not drop dead when her mom came out of the shadows is beyond me! I know for sure that I would have immediately hit the ground, stone cold dead from a heart attack if I was in that situation. I mean her mother literally came back from the dead and she just hid herself in a room and called Huck! I just can't! Well the team gathers and they bounce from one safe house to the next trying to escape the clutches of Evil Eli. They try hard to get Maya out of the country but Evil Eli tries even harder to keep her in it. Harrison and Abby go back to the office (which is completely ransacked) and some mysterious girl comes out of nowhere. Then she starts mentioning Adidnan Salif and here we go with this again! Remember, this is the mystery man that scares the crap out of Harrison. Well, he made it back in the country. I just wonder when we'll find out the whole story. (Please, oh please let it be next week!) 
While all this "dead mamma Pope" stuff is going on, Sally Langston is just about ready to resign as VP and become a Presidential candidate. (Ugh!) But first, she has to sell her soul to the devil. That's right, she put "politics over God" because that was the only way her campaign manager would stay on board. Tells Fitz and he gets pissed and runs to Cyrus.
What's happening with Cyrus you ask. Well, he's trying his hardest not to freak out about James but he is a jealous man and James did not make it easy for him. These two had one of the best scenes and lines of the night! Cyrus is really cracking under all this pressure. I have a feeling Fitz might threaten taking away his job. And it really is a shame because all he had to do was hire a hooker instead of pimping out James and none of this would've happened. Oh and James is about to leave Cyrus and I don't think he'll come back. Well I hope he doesn't come back. 
What else? Oh, Jake is the biggest idiot that ever lived! No surprise there. First he goes and gets himself in a little cat fight with Fitz and then he tries to kill Rowan and fails! This dude needs to have SEVERAL seats! Go back to your little Navy job and forget all this ever happened. You lose every time! Get over it because you're really starting to get on my nerves. 
Now let's talk about that ending! First, Olivia finds out that her mother was "the monster" all this time. Oh I so didn't want mamma Pope to be bad, but she is and oh how the tables have turned. So OPA and Fitz helped a terrorist leave the country! I wouldn't be surprised if they all ended up in the hole next! And no, I'm not on Rowan's side. Let's not forget he is command of B613 and we STILL don't have the whole story. That's where I thought the episode was over, but it wasn't. Then this whole thing with Quinn goes down. She's actually a double spy now! She went from being my least favorite to my favorite an a matter of seconds! She is playing Charlie and shows up with her trusty needle to do some damage. But then I was like, no she might kill Rowan and we don't want that just yet, so she might not be my favorite anymore. Then I thought it was over again but no. That final scene. Sally Langston calling Cyrus, who's the devil, and confessing she committed a sin while her husband lies dead on the floor. Who saw that coming? Not me! And of all people she calls Cyrus! What is he going to do for her? I guess this means that she won't be running anymore, but we shall see. 
Boy oh boy was that a jammed packed hour. But it's not over yet. There's one more episode left! Now here are some more random things I just couldn't deal with in this episode. That Olitz phone call. How chill Maya was at that safe house with Olivia. She was all like I'm alive, let's be friends and eat breakfast and talk about your life! The line "Eli raised you in his image." I mean seriously Scandal writers you are the best. Olivia speaks Chinese/Mandarin now?! Where did that come from?! And last but not least, this song. I mean, it's about a freaking rat for goodness sake! 
This episode was AMAZING!! Katie Lowes was fabulous! And now we have to endure the longest week of our lives for the winter finale! 

Pic credit: http://www.seat42f.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Scandal-3x09-4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment