Friday, December 13, 2013

Scandal - A Door Marked Exit

Okay, so I was a little scared that I wouldn't have anything to say because last night's episode legit left me speechless but let's face it, I always have something to say. So where do I begin?

Let's talk about Sally Langston. That first scene was AMAZING. I mean, "I suffer you" and "you are my original sin" and Daniel Douglass basically saying that she is just his beard. It was just amazing. Kate Burton did a fantastic job in this episode! I knew she wasn't going to run anymore, but I wasn't expecting her to admit to Leo that she killed her husband. I can't help but wonder what he's going to do with such information, if he'll use it at all. I mean, he's out of a job now so I wonder if he'll threaten to leak it if she doesn't run. 
Now that scene between Fitz and Rowan was the best one of the night! Joe Morton killed it and the lines that Fitz got, oh my goodness. I have to say that Rowan was making some sense with what he said about Olivia being Fitz's "door marked exit" and now I'm sitting here questioning Fitz's love for her! This show really knows how to turn the tables on things, doesn't it? And I could go on and on about the simple fact that Rowan was calling Fitz 'boy' and the significance of that word racially. How whites would call Black males 'boy' and then Rowan went on and on about how he's not a boy, he's a man because he worked hard to get where he is. Oh the depth behind one word. I could be wrong but if I'm not, oh my gosh! Just brilliant writing there. And Fitz's presidential balls, I mean did he really think it was okay to mention to Liv's father that he knows how she taste?! Gosh, that made me uncomfortable! And when Olivia came in and the conversation she had with her father; Joe Morton is an amazing actor, that's all I can say. He rocked this episode. 
And now Jake is command. What the what?! How on earth? First I want to know how. Then I want to know if Fitz and Jake are co-command or something because Fitz said they would be a great team. And what does this mean for B613? I just have so many questions I hope they get answered. 
Quinn, oh Quinn. I was really hoping that I could start to like her again but no. When she went back to OPA I thought she was going to quit and when she didn't I was happy. But Huck had to go and say that she's not a gladiator anymore so she goes crawling back to Charlie (hopefully she picked up some underwear on the way). I just know Olivia is going to be pissed about this. And yes, I am putting some of the blame on Huck. He didn't have to say that to her. Huck, I will always love you but you need to be a little nicer to Quinn; she's fragile. 
And mamma Pope is gallivanting through the city with HER white coat and HER gloves! What is she going to do now? Is she going to go find Rowan and, oh I don't know, murder him?! How does she plan to spend her time because I don't feel safe with her running wild. I'd feel better if she was locked up in a cell or something. 
What is David Rosen going to do with that recording? Who will he tell first? Abby? James? We shall see. 

Way to leave me speechless Scandal. I'm pretty sure this is the first time that's happened. I can't even put into words how I felt about this episode. It was just that good. I'm just a little upset there was no mention of Adnan Salif. (Super crazy theory: mamma Pope is or knows Adnan Salif.) Shout out to all the actors, especially the ones that KILLED IT last night: Joe Morton, Kate Burton and Jeff Perry. You all rock! The first scene, Fit'z and Rowan's scenes, and the Huckleberry Quinn scene were shot beautifully. Shout out to those people! Loved seeing the black and white photos again. Predictions for the second half of the season: more of the campaign trail and I think this whole Sally being a murderer thing will be resolved in the first 10 minutes of the next episode. 
This has literally been on crazy ride! I'll be checking in to Scandal Rehab now, so see you February 27th. This time around I'll be sure to have an oxygen tank and a heart monitor to prevent heart attacks and comas. Super sad this is my last review of the year. Have a happy holiday and a happy new year! See you in 2014! 

Pic Credit: http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/36100000/Scandal-ABC-image-scandal-abc-36159896-640-960.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment