Friday, December 6, 2013

Glee - Previously Unaired Christmas

Pic Credit: http://www.aceshowbiz.com
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. About last week's Glee ... I had no words. I mean, Jake's almost crisis and the puppets; I just couldn't deal.

This week it's all about Christmas, Christmas past that it. Apparently this episode was taped last year and never aired, hence the title. This make a ton of sense considering all of the crazy drama that's happening in the future - no, the present. Okay whatever, let's get into it!
So the New Yorkers were being Santa's elves and, after Santa got drunk and passed out, Mrs. Clause. I thought Santana did a hilarious job as Mrs. Claus. I have no filter so I can appreciate her comments. I do have one question: why does Santa always have to be a drunk? I swear in every Christmas thing I watch Santa is too drunk to do his job. Anyways, these kids thought they were getting the sexiest Santa replacement ever but he turned out to just be a thief! No real shocker there. I figured he was either a mooch or a thief when he suggested to go to their place for dinner. And then when he got there he was eyeing the place all weird, I knew he was going to rob them. Luckily (I guess) they were able to get new jobs as live models.
Back at McKinley, Christmas was making Tina and Becky go nuts! The school was having a room decorating contest and Tina did everything in her power to win. They were also having auditions for the live nativity scene since the old got trashed. So all the girls, including Unique, wanted to be the virgin Mary except Kitty. We soon discovered that she wanted the part but, being the most Christian out of everyone, she felt unworthy. I actually felt bad for her because she takes all this stuff seriously, which she should. In order to make her take the part Unique pretended to be Mary and they sang 'Love Child' which was the most unbelievably inappropriate thing I have ever seen. It was just wrong. I mean there was a birth reenactment and Dreamgirls-esque outfits. It was just a hot mess, but it worked. And in the end they gave a great performance. The glee club also won the room decorating contest but gave the prize the Becky once they saw how bummed she was about not winning.
Overall I have to say that it was great. I mean, how can you not like an episode full of Christmas music. It puts you in a good mood. I just thought that since it was supposed to be in the past that we would have seen people that would've been there then, like Brittany, but whatever. This was a very nice last episode of the year. Glee comes back February 25th which is a Tuesday. Yes, the day has changed (again), which means that my post will go up on Wednesdays now. The time changes too, it will come on at 8pm now. I hope you (and I) remember this. Happy holidays and have a happy New Year! Until 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment