Friday, September 21, 2012

Glee - Britney 2.0

"It's Britney b!tch!" That's right, another episode full of Britney Spears songs. It all started when Britney gets kicked off the Cheerios for poor grades and misses Santana so much that she hits rock bottom and keeps going down. She gets so depressed that she lip-syncs, beats up J.B.I. with an umbrella and almost shaves her head! But thank God for Sam who is the only one that understands and comes to her rescue, which is very interesting. I couldn't help but think if there is a new relationship sparking there. In the end she finally gets herself together, gets back on the Cheerios, and gets a C on her test!! It looks like she might actually graduate this year.
Also, Marly is seriously crushing on Jake, and it seemed like he really liked her too. He sang with her, gave her his jacket and stood up for her and her mom. But, somehow Kitty swoops in to ruin the day by announcing that she and Jake are together! Where did that come from?! I'm pretty sure this is just her way to take down the New Directions. And what is Kitty's deal. Something's up with her. I need to see more of her story so I can try to understand why she's such a mean girl. Jake finally joins the New Directions and who knew that all it took was a meeting with Puck!! I wasn't expecting their first meeting to be like that, but I'm glad Puck got through to Jake. I really hope that Marly and Jake don't become the new Rachel and Finn. I see some similarities with the whole girl crushing on guy that's dating the cheerleader thing.
Meanwhile in New York, Rachel and Kurt move in to an apartment together. Rachel is also having problems with her dance teacher, Cassandra, (again). Now Cassandra doesn't think that Rachel is sexy, which I can totally see. So who does Rachel turn to for help, the oh so sexy Brody. They do a very sexy dance to 'Oops I Did It Again.' But, Rachel's plan doesn't really work so she goes off on Cassandra and gets kicked out of class! In the end she apologizes and she's allowed to practice the tango and embrace her new sexy. Now let's talk about the most explosive part of this storyline. Brody confesses his like for Rachel and tries to kiss her!! But, she denies the kiss!! Obviously because of Finn, but in the end we see her paint over his name in hearts on her wall. This makes me think that she will finally get together with Brody. I just want to know more about Brody. We don't really know much of anything about him. And he's junior ... why is he so interested in a freshman? I hope we find out more about him as the season unfolds.
Overall, this was a good episode. I liked the song they chose, took me down memory lane a little bit. I don't think it was better than the first Britney episode, but it was good and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment