Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Supergirl Finale Update



The first season of Supergirl has come to an end. I thought that this was a great start to the series, but we'll talk about that a little later. Let's talk about that finale first.
I enjoyed the finale but I did think it was a little anticlimactic. First, it seemed too easy to snap the town out of Myriad's mind control. The idea that the feeling of hope could bring them back was interesting. I guess I just wanted to see that happen in the previous episode so they could focus on destroying Non and Indigo in the finale. I also would've liked to actually see Alex save Kara with the pod then to have just seen Kara wake up at the DEO. But overall, I really liked the episode. They gave us such high stakes with the time limit and the fact that Kara might not survive. Of course I'm super happy about Kara and James finally doing the thing! Hank is back as the head of the DEO and I love that when danger strikes it's Kara and J'onn going into action. Now we have Maxwell Lord and General Lane working together and nothing good can come from that. I haven't forgotten about that mysterious pod. I haven't a clue who or what could be in it. I will be reading more about the mythology of Supergirl so I can come up with some theories during this hiatus. They did a great job setting us up for the next season.

I'm very pleased with the season as a whole. Like I said before it was a great start to the series. You can tell that they went all in and they even got a crossover episode which was one of my favorites. I love how this show is light and fun but still able to bring on the deep emotions. They were able to find a balance between the fun stuff and the dark stuff, and everything came together very nicely.

I am hoping and praying that we get a season 2 and when that happens there ware a few things that I want to see. First I want to see Papa Danvers. The president will be a woman (which is awesome) which leads me to believe that she'll be seen more. So, I want to see her working together with the DEO. Cat has to know that Kara is Supergirl. I think that's why she gave her a promotion but no title or job description. She's giving Kara the freedom to be Supergirl but also giving her the normal life she always wanted. And lastly, but certainly not least, they better show us Superman. I have a feeling that it'll be a running a joke that they'll never show his face, but they're going to have to do it eventually! I would love for him to be Tom Welling who played Superman on Smallville.
What are your thoughts? I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment