Monday, October 12, 2015

2015 Fall premieres Part 3: The Flash

So The Flash is finally back and I'm so happy. This entire episode was basically a set up for the new big bad and the season, which is usually what the first episode to a new season is. They could've started right when they left off but they decided to do a 6 month time jump. Now, I could be upset about this but that 6 months was filled with a lot of grieving and I'm not sure I would've wanted to see that. I didn't think this episode was the greatest thing ever, but it was a good start.

What I liked
  • Iris working in STAR Labs, Iris and Cisco having more scenes together, just more Iris all around. I'm so excited about this. I need more Iris on my TV.
  • Cisco being Cisco and vibing. (I really need his Flash Day shirt!)
  • I just love the new STAR Labs team. 
  • I'm excited about Jay Garrick even though I just read up on him after the season finale.
  • Papa Allen finally got out of jail and that really pulled on my heart strings, but ...
What I didn't like
  • Papa Allen is leaving! I really don't understand what they're doing here. They bring him out of jail just to have him skip town. What is the purpose of this?! And think about it; this has to be EXTREMELY heartbreaking for Barry. He's been waiting for over a decade to have his father back and once it happens, he leaves. Yes, Barry has a family with Joe and Iris but he'll never have anything close to the type of relationship he has with Joe with his own father! Then they use the excuse of Barry not being about to do his job as The Flash with his father around. I'm calling BS! What kind of an excuse is that?! Barry having his father around, I think, would only help him do his job better. I guess we'll just have to see how this goes. 
One question I did have is is Ronnie really dead? One thing I know is that if we don't see a body then how can we be sure that person is dead. Plus, the singularity opened up a portal between the 2 worlds (spoiler alert) so how do we know that Ronnie didn't just get sucked in the portal and is walking around world 2 somewhere? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment