Friday, January 25, 2013

Glee - Sadie Hawkins

All throughout this episode I felt disturbed, confused, shocked and happy! Where do I begin?
Well, in New York Kurt is finally at NYADA and he has to make some new friends since Rachel always abandons him for Brody. So, he think he might join the show choir there called Adam's Apple. I know, it's weird, but Rachel convinces him not because it's "social suicide." (Mean Girl's reference!) But, Adam (the leader of the show choir) and his amazing accent convinced Kurt to sit in on one of their rehearsals and this is when things got really disturbing. The group decide to do the song "Baby Got Back" and it was all sung. I just sat there in shock the whole time not knowing what to think. All I know is I will never be able to listen to that song the same. EVER! I just wonder why there is no cool acapela group like they have in Pitch Perfect. But anyway, Kurt ends up really liking this Adam guy and he might be his new man because they seem to be spending a lot of time together, and Kurt basically asked him out and he said yes. We don't really see that much of Rachel except for when it seems like Brody stood her up but he was only 45 minutes late and that caused her to basically go insane. His excuse was that his train was late and then he went on to say some really romantic stuff about how he would wait forever just to be with her and that calms her down. Then he says he'll move closer to her but then she suggested that he move right on in! I guess she forgot all about Kurt and the fact that her apartment is not at all big. I just can't wait to see how this all turn out. 
Back at McKinley, Lauren is back! She is apart of this group of bitter girls with Tina, Sugar, Becky, and Tina's old assistant. They come up with the idea that the school should throw a Sadie Hawkins dance. Finn turns this into an assignment for the glee club where the girls have to sing to the guys and this is how they ask them to the dance. This is when we discover that Tina has a crush on Blaine. She sings to him and he declines making the moment even more awkward and humiliating for Tina! But she reminds us all that Blaine has traumatic memories attached to Sadie Hawkins dances AND we discover that Blaine has a crush on Sam and this is why he didn't want to go with Tina. But they end up going together anyway. This was just one big confusing and ridiculous case of wanting what you can't have. It seemed like Marley and Kitty were going to have a cat fight over Jake (no pun intended) but Brittany and Puck saved the day. Brittany helped Marley get to Jake first by helping her sing 'Tell Him" to him and he accepted and Puck took Kitty to the dance to get her off Jake's back. At the dance Jake and Marley became a couple and, if you ask me, I think Kitty really likes Puck which is ridiculous and illegal. While all this is going on Sam is on a war path to prove that the Warblers cheated during sectionals by using steroids. At first all his evidence is crazy but then a member of the Warblers comes out of the dark. The chubby kid that basically looks like a baby admits that he quit the group because they were taking steroids. If testifies, the Warblers get disqualified and the New Directions are back in. I hope it all works out. 
Overall this was one crazy episode. Except for 'Baby Got Back', the music was great. I loved 'No Scrubs', it felt like I was reliving my childhood. And I love oldies music so 'Tell Him' was great and it got my mom singing! My only question is where's Sue? Hopefully she'll be back next week. 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't like the episode. The whole thing was stupid and Rachel already tried to turn Blaine and it didn't work then and it's not going to work now. And seriously, Rachel, what in the world are you thinking inviting Brody to move in with you? You are even crazier than I thought. Also, I completely loathed "Baby Got Back", it made me so sad inside. I need to find something else to watch at 9 on Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete