Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Season Finale Update: Switched at Birth


Switched at Birth has come to and end and I'm actually extremely sad about it. The series finale was the perfect mixture of flashback reminiscing and talk of the future. I really liked how the episode only felt like it was the end at the end of the hour. Also, they gave us open ended storylines that gave us the feeling that these characters are living on after the finale. That last shot of Bay and Daphne lying in the grass turned me into a blubbering mess!

This season was just like any other season. They focused on a topic and did a great job portraying it. This year it was on racism on the college campus and I think they handled it well. The episode that focused on 3 main Black students was the best out of the season. I do wish they dove more into Emmett's depression.
I loved this show for so many different reasons. It reeled me in with it's unique plot line. What kept me around were the storylines tackling serious issues we face in our daily lives. It was also the only show that portrayed Deaf Culture. So, it makes me really sad knowing that there won't be anything like this on television anymore. I can only wish that there will be something to take it's place soon. It's been fun!


Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment