Monday, January 16, 2017

Winter Premieres 2017: Emerald City


So, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I watched the show. The cast and the snippet of the promo I saw intrigued me. My final verdict: this show is interesting. I'm not completely hooked on it yet. I enjoyed the first 2 hour episode for the most part. The only part that upset me was when the Witch of the East died. Now, yes, I have seen The Wizard of Oz and know the story and that she dies. But I didn't realize that Florence Kasumba was playing her. So, I was bummed out that she was only around for the first episode. (I did hear that we may be seeing her again so there's hope.) The thing that shocked me was when Tip turned into a girl. That's what had me wanting to watch the next week. So with that being said, I think the pilot episodes were good.
The next episode fell a little flat for me. I think it's because I was expecting some of my questions to be answered but they weren't. In fact, I have many more now than before, but that's the main reason why I'll keep watching.

Here is what I hope to see this season.
  • I need to know who exactly was that lady that was holding Tip captive and why.
  • Lucas is our scarecrow so are we going to encounter characters like the tin man and the cowardly lion?
  • Who/what is this beast? And what happened when the Wizard defeated it before? Like, can we get a flashback scene or episode or something?
  • I need to know more about Dorothy's mother (because she definitely knew Dorothy would end up in Oz).
  • And what's the significance behind the tattoos on Dorothy's hand?
Hopefully I'll get some answers soon. What did you guys think of the first few episodes? Got any predictions on what's to come?

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment