Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Winter Premieres 2017: A Series of Unfortunate Events



I have nothing but good things to say about this show. 8 year old me is jumping for joy right now. Let me start with the casting.
They did an amazing job. Neil Patrick Harris as Count Olaf was great. Alfre Woodard as Aunt Josephine was perfection. The kids were amazing. I especially loved Sunny. Her facial expressions were everything! K. Todd Freeman as Mr. Poe was also great.
Splitting each book into 2 episodes was a great idea. They were able to keep a lot of the details from the books in the show this way. I just wished I had enough time to reread the books before I watched the series.
I also loved how they were able to capture the universe with the costumes, the set design, and the set locations. Everything was fantastic. They really captured how gloomy and depressing this series is, even with the theme song (which was so good)!

I really hope that this show gets renewed for another season and that it gets nominated for awards because I thing they deserve it.

What did you guys think of the series?

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment