Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Fall Finale Update: Supergirl



I have to be totally and completely honest. That fall finale was pretty meh. In fact, it didn't feel like a finale at all. I think it was because they promised an epic 4 night crossover and the last 30 seconds was the only crossover bit we got. (And they didn't really need to show that because they re-showed it on The Flash.) Also, the only bit of suspense they gave us was that bit with Mon-El at the end, and I don't really care about that. Mon-El has always seemed a little sketchy to me and this gives me even more of a reason not to trust him. I was expecting more of a cliffhanger so I could have a reason to come back. Right now the only thing keeping me is the promise of this Flash musical crossover. If that wasn't coming I would have no problem DVRing this show.

Now on to this half of the season. The only storyline that kept me watching was Alex's; everything else upset me. First, why did they make M'gann a white martian!? I was so excited about Miss Martian, and J'onn having someone to connect him back to his planet and maybe her joining the team, but no. They had to make her his worse enemy, and then they had her infect J'onn and turn him into a white martian. But that didn't last long at all, so it all just seemed like on big waste. Like, what was the point of doing all that if he was just going to get cured in 30 seconds?!
Second, why can't they let James be great? He falls in love with Kara and they get together only for that to be taken away in the premiere. Then he becomes the head of CatCo but he can't even lead his first meeting and when he finally takes control, we don't get to see him in that roll. Then they make him The Guardian but not without Winn telling him multiple times that he can't be a hero because he doesn't have powers. Even when he becomes The Guardian Winn can't stop telling him about how he can't do it. And we barely saw him as The Guardian. I mean they immediately framed him as a killer so he had to get over that before he could do anything more. And if he did do more we didn't see it. Like, why couldn't he come to LCorp and help in the finale? It definitely feels like he's getting sidelined this year. I doesn't feel like he's on team Supergirl right now and that needs to change.
Then we have Mon-El who I don't completely trust. It seems like they brought him in as a love interest for Kara, even though she said she needed time to figure out life as Kara. Was all that a lie so they could break her up with Jimmy or what? I guess we don't really know yet because it seems like Kara doesn't like Mon-El like that. But they left it so vague that it could go either way.

All I know is, the second half needs to pick up if they want to keep me tuning in each week. They haven't done enough to keep my attention yet. I really want to have a reason to watch this show each week but it's not looking good. I need the second half to have more James. I need more of a story with Papa Danvers and I need to know if he's okay or not. I need Cadmus to be a bigger big bad, especially now that Hank is Cyborg Superman and sporting the same face as J'onn. Also, will Superman come back when he finds out there's a cyborg version of himself out there? Lastly, get James back on team Supergirl. Let him tell everyone that he's The Guardian so he can help out more.
What are your thoughts so far?

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment