Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Flash Finale Update


This finale was nuts! The big reveal of the man in the iron mask happened and it turns out that he is Earth-3 Jay Garrick who is the doppelganger of Earth-1 Henry Allen. Now I wanted it to be Wally's doppelganger, but as time went on and more hints were dropped I figured that it would be Henry's. So, that reveal wasn't too shocking but it was still awesome. John Wesley Shipp was the 90's Flash and now he's playing Earth-3's Flash, so there was some serious Flash-ception going on in this scene. I was in total freak out mode while I was watching it!
Barry was able to use his time remnant to defeat Zoom. I'm still a little confused on that. but every time I think about it I make the face Wally made when they tried to explain it to him, so I stop. There was some crazy awesome CGI work in that whole sequence.
Barry and Iris finally kissed, and just when we thought it would be one that Iris would remember, it wasn't. We have Barry to thank for that. What I don't get is why he had to go all the way back to the night that his mom died. I thought his whole journey in the speed force was for him to find peace from his mother's death. So why didn't he just go back to stop Zoom from killing his father or just not go back at all and try to find peace with the family that he has now?

I absolutely loved this season! I loved the inclusion of Earth-2 and the doppelgangers were amazing to see. Cisco developed more vibe powers and I can't wait until they're all there and he can go full on Vibe. The writers did a great job with the West family storyline, with the rise of Iris and Barry's relationship, and with Zoom. Zoom was the scariest, most disturbing villain I've ever seen. I also have to give it up to all the actors for bringing their A game week after week. They really elevated the material they were given and made this show one of the best acted shows on television today.

Now next season is going to be interesting because there are so many directions it could go in. The entire timeline is messed up because Barry went back in time to save his mother. His life, and the life of everyone else will turn out completely different because of this. Barry won't have a reason to go live with Joe and Iris and we don't know if he'll even work for CCPD. He might not even get his powers!
Will future Barry get stuck in the past like Reverse Flash did? What will happen with Reverse Flash now? And what about Wells, Cicso, Caitlin, Wally, and everyone else?
I do have a theory for next season. For the first part of the season I think that Barry will go back to the present and find out that life isn't all fine and dandy because of what he did. He may be happy because his mother is still alive but everything else in his life could be in a shambles. I think he'll realize that he needs to go back and fix what he's done and that's going to happen around the time of the winter finale. There's supposed to be an epic 4 show crossover with all the CW superhero shows, so I think that'll play into how Barry fixes what he's done. I really don't think they'll spend all of next season in this timeline. But, we shall see. I'll be thinking of theories and researching Flashpoint in the meantime.


Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment