Friday, June 3, 2016

Rosewood Finale Update


For such a bright show, Rosewood had a heartbreaking finale. Rosie and Villa had a big blow up, Pippy and TMI broke up and Mama Rosie is off visiting her "boyfriend" (who is he really) in jail. I understand why this was done. This is a new show and they really needed to shake things up for the next season. Go big or go home, right? Good thing I'm used to shows ripping out my heart and stomping on it, otherwise I'd be a mess.

This was a solid first season. I can honestly say that this show was the bright spot to my week. I never thought that a crime drama would have me laughing and leave me smiling each week, but this show did. That's the thing that sets this show apart from others in the genre. Somehow it found a way to keep things light but was also able to keep me on the edge of my seat. It brings the intensity but is able to balance it out with humor. This is a unique show and that's one of the reasons why I love it.
This cast works so well together and has such great chemistry. I also love the diversity of the show, not only in front of the camera but behind it as well.

I think this show did a great job in setting up what's to come for next season. So many things are changing in the lives of the characters so they could go in many directions. Hornstock might not be coming back as captain so there's an opportunity to bring in a new character to take his job. Mama Rosie has a secret of her own and I wonder how long she can keep it. I wonder if TMI will have her own separate storyline now that she and Pippy broke up. Pippy quit so she may pursue singing now, and I wonder if Cassie will make a return. Villa doesn't want Rosie in her life but that's not going to happen now that Rosie thinks Villa's husband was murdered. He's a persistent guy and I don't think he will rest until this case is solved. That case will definitely a major part of next season. I just wonder how Villa will eventually come around to helping him. She is a conflict of interest so all of this will have to be a side investigation.
Here's to hoping this show avoids the sophomore slump because it's unique and necessary for TV and I would love for it to be around for many years.

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment