Friday, November 7, 2014

Scandal - Baby Made a Mess

Now this was the best episode this season so far. The acting, the writing, everything about it was just fantastic. I laughed, I gasped, I had the feels. Basically I felt all of the emotions and really needed a minute to gather myself back together.

"They came, we fixed, we conquered"
This week we met Abby's ex-husband, Charles/Chip, because Fitz endorsed him for the republican Senate candidate. Leo Bergen also came back because he's running Chip's campaign. Abby was so hardcore in this episode. I mean, from not being shook in Chip's presence to pulling a gun on him. This is why she is my favorite person. In the end, Chip removes himself from the competition, Abby and Leo finally got to smooch and it was about dang time! I guess Dabby is over. And I can't talk about this without saying that Darby Stanchfield gave an amazing performance. I'm happy this is the season of Abby.

"Chicken Fried Mellie"
Old school Mellie is back. The one that always has her political career in mind. The one that thinks that she's functional and not ornamental. (How many thought Fitz was going to give her that speech again?) I just want to see how this all works out because she's going to be like this whether Fitz wants her to or not. Will this all work out or is this all a bad idea?

Baby Huck
I'm talking about Javi, not Quinn. Huck is still playing videogames with his son and they were supposed to meet up but Huck couldn't do it. But that didn't stop Javi from using his computer smarts to track Huck down. Like father, like son. Huck continues to give me the feels. It's just so sad because he's not going to be able to tell Javi the whole truth and what will happen when his mom finds out?! Now that Javi knows Huck is his father maybe they can have a relationship. I hope.

"Helen of Troy, the face that launched a thousand ships"
Olivia was trying to get into super max and everyone thought that it was because she wanted to see Jake but really she wanted to see Tom and that scene, that scene. I mean the writing was just amazing. Tom Larsen and that Rowan-esq monologue he gave was just everything. And Olivia, acting like her father to get what she wanted; the truth. If she wasn't my favorite character she would be now. So now they all know that Rowan was behind Jerry and Harrison's death. What are they going to do? How ever they go about bringing Rowan down I hope they are smart about it because their past attempts failed. This time around it seems like they are one step ahead of Rowan, but we don't know what he has planned. I wonder if they will use Mama Pope against him?
Also I want to mention that scene between Olivia and Rowan. Number one, it was shot beautifully. Second, I love how Liv is standing up to Rowan now instead of cowering like a child like she did in the season 3 premiere. She has got her own agenda and she is not about to let Rowan change that. I love it.
Also, Fitz has lost all chill because of phone sex.
And let's not forget that Olivia is being stalked and we don't know why and what ever is coming is going to bad. I wish they would spend more time trying to figure this out. Rowan and Jake seem like 2 huge distractions. I just wonder if this is all connected. Like, is this was Rowan is ultimately protecting Olivia from?

Like I said before, this was an amazing episode. It looks like I was right about them finding out the truth about Rowan, it just happened a lot sooner than I thought. Which has me thinking what in thee heck is going to happen in this winter finale?! The pot has boiled over and all of the crazy is about to spill out! Also, Mama Pope lives! We got world this week that she is set to return and I can not wait to see it all go down! I need it to be next Thursday already! In the mean time, let's discuss theories in why Olivia is being stalked this time.

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment