Thursday, June 19, 2014

About Last Night (2014)

Synopsis
This is the story of two couples, how how they met, and how go through as a new couple.
The couples are Bernie (Kevin Hart) & Joan (Regina Hall) and Danny (Michael Ealy) & Debbie (Joy Bryant).

My Verdict
This was your typical romantic comedy that ended with the perfect John Legend song that brought out all of the feels. It was average. Nothing made it stand out to make it greater than other rom coms but it wasn't awful.
I only had two problems. First, It didn't laugh as much as I thought I would watching a Kevin Hart movie. There were funny moments where I laughed, but I think there were more stupid funny moments than just plain funny, laugh out loud moments and I don't like stupid funny. My other problem was I felt like the movie went on forever but it was only an hour and a half. I also wished that I watched the original first so I could compare, but oh well.
I'm giving this movie a 4.5/10. It served it's purpose as a rom com but it wasn't as entertaining as I hoped. Also, it was predictable but aren't all rom coms?
I don't want to talk about anything specific and I think you already know what will happen since it's a rom com, so no spoilers today.

IMDB page, Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment