Friday, October 18, 2013

Scandal - Mrs. Smith Goes To Washington

Pic credit: http://tvafterdarkonline.com/
Okay, so first I have to say that I have WAY too many distractions while watching this show. I love Twitter but it is one of them! I have to watch this show twice and every time I watch it a 2nd time I notice all these things I missed the first time!! I just had to get that off my chest. (I'm still going to tweet though). 
Now on to this episode. So we all knew that Olivia wouldn't die but there were still so many things to watch so we did. So OPA is hanging on by a thread and taking any new clients they can find. So this woman comes in and she ends being the bomber. My first question would be, if she was planning on blowing herself to bits why in the world did she hire Olivia?? I don't know and I don't get it. I feel like she should have done one or the other but not both. When the associates figure out that something fishy is going on Olivia goes after her and that's how she gets in the room with the bomb. So the one thing I learned from this is that Olivia is an idiot with a death wish! This chick sees people running AWAY from a room and what does she do, goes right into that room! I felt like I was watching a horror movie and you know us African Americans die early in those things!! So what does Olivia do, she tries to handle the situation. If it were me I would've hopped out the window, said 'oops, wrong room' and left or something to get me out of there! But unlike Olivia, I DON"T have a death with. Let me tell you, this girl had a way out! They were going to shoot this suicide bomber and what does she do, she puts her self in between the shooter and the bomber. I've realized that Olivia does not value her life. She did too many things in this episode that showed me this. So her team is on the war path trying to find this file and Abby ends up in David Rosen's office, and let's talk about David Rosen for a minute. This dude is "like totally' annoying. He was just going to let Olivia die! I guess he forgot about the time she had him shacking up in her office when he thought a killer was after him. But he still came through because he knows he's obsessed with justice and finding out the truth. So everyone finds out the truth about the suicide bomber's son but her. Olivia had to lie to her to save the lives of 57 people. It looked like everyone was going to come out of this alive but in the last second the woman run back in the room and blows herself up. I honestly wasn't expecting her to do that but I'm not surprised that she did it. And what does Olivia do when the bomber runs into the room, she tries to go after her! But she gets pulled away in time and things seem kind of well with her until Quinn, nosey behind Quin comes and tells her some interesting info about Huck.
While all this stuff was happening, Huck was stalking poppa Pope and trying to kill him. Last thing we see is Huck holding a gun to his head. Olivia confront him about the whole thing and begs for him to tell her if he killed her father. Be didn't do it. Am I the only one who secretly wished Huck said yes just to see what happened? I'm pretty sure the country would burn to the ground because poppa Pope is apparently in control of the whole thing. Instead of killing Rowan, Huck killed some guy who's connected to Operation Remington. So Huck is crying to Olivia about how Rowan still has control over his and he FINALLY gets a hug!! 
Olivia then goes home to Jake (who by the way was naked in her bed in the beginning of the episode) and he just as annoying as usual. They argue about how he got out that hole (too soon if you ask me) and neither of them know, but it's not going to be good because Rowan still has control over him because Rowan has control over everyone. 
Fitz and Mellie have a little scene together where Mellie is completely drunk! She basically tells him that Olivia will never be free from her as long as she's alive and she can use her to control Fitz. Mellie really is an evil little thing. 
My questions: Does Olivia value her life? How in the world did Jake know Rowan was poppa Pope? And what/who scars poppa Pope because he doesn't seem to be afraid of anything. Hopefully he gets scared this season. Who knows what Operation Remington is? I mean, do the writers even know? And it better be crazy insane or I'm going to be pissed off. This this better be the most disturbingly awful thin that anyone could think of. And that's as close to guessing as I'll get. No specifics for me, I'm never right anyways. And they weren't lying when they said this season would be "dark."
Some positives about the episode (I really have nothing negative to say) "SHUT.UP." Mellie acting drunk was wonderful. I really hate when people act drunk because it's just so unbelievable and ridiculous but Bellamy Young did a great job with this. Gave me hope that people can act drunk and not be so over the top. And keep the black and white photos/video coming because I LOVE it! 
Until next week, which looks like could bring in some laughs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment