Tuesday, August 27, 2013

White House Down

This was one crazy movie!! 
Okay so here's the breakdown. Basically the White House is attacked and a policeman to the Capitol, Cale (Channing Tatum), take it upon himself to protect the President (Jamie Foxx). The other thing is that his daughter, Emily (Joey King), is being held hostage by the terrorist attacking the White House and he has to try and save her, as well. I don't want to spoil it so I'll just stop there. 
So at first I thought this movie was going to be a mix of comedy and action but it was all action! This was your classic action film. I was able to predict some things in the beginning, which I don't like, but after that I wasn't able to predict a thing! There were so many twist and turns I almost wasn't able to keep up! The ending may seem a LITTLE corny to some people but I actually liked it. 
A little note on the casting. Even after seeing this movie I will never be able to picture Jamie Foxx as president. But, he didn't do many presidential things in this movie so I guess all that doesn't matter. Everyone did a great job, especially Joey King. Kudos to that girl. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. If you like action and twists and turns, go see this movie. Now I have to go watch Olympus Has Fallen to see which one is better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment