Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Olympus Has Fallen

Another movie about the White House being attacked; yup. 
This was really your typical edge of your seat action movie. There was nothing really special or different about it. Basically the White House is taken over by the biggest terrorist they know, Kang. Kang holds the president, Asher (Aaron Eckhart), and several others that work at the White House hostage in a bunker. The Speaker of the House (Morgan Freeman) became the acting president and started to try and handle situation. Meanwhile the former bodyguard to he president, Banning (Gerard Butler) sees the White House getting attacked and runs to the rescue. 
Like I said there was nothing too special about this movie. Everything culminated in the last minutes and everything before that was kind of mediocre. There was a lot of fighting and it was really gory. It was like that one fight scene in the house in Django where there was just blood flying everywhere, but it wasn't just one scene it was the whole movie. People were getting shot left and right and stabbed and everything. It was pretty gross. It was also predictable. I don't like predicting things and I was able to do that with this movie! 
I wouldn't say this was a flat out bad movie. If you like action movies I think you'll be satisfied. I just really don't like being able to predict movie so that was a set back for me. 

Now to compare it to White House Down; on the surface they were the same. Obviously there were some major differences but when it comes down to it, they were very similar. I think that OHF focused more on the fighting and the action and WHD focused more on the plot line. I really liked the twists in WHD and that just wasn't there in OHF. WHD went a lot deeper into why the people attacked the White House and I like that aspect of it. Lastly, I really liked seeing the president shooting guns and beating people up rather than sitting in a bunker tied up. 
So, go see both movies, really. There are both worth seeing. I just think that White House Down was better, but you can decide that for yourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment