Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Game - Seaon 6 premiere

The Game is back for season 6 and it's a big one. They have reached 100 episodes. This is a huge accomplishment and congratulations are in order. YAY for 100 episodes. Now onto what happen in that 100th episode and what I think. 
I guess I'll start off with what I liked. First, they got rid of that dang laugh track, which I hate. Thank God. I also liked that Malik, Tasha and Tee Tee brought the laughs. They were the only people that made me laugh throughout the hour; which brings me to the things that I didn't like. 
Where was the comedy? The Game that I remember was always as funny as it was dramatic, but now it seems way more dramatic than funny, and to me that just makes it more like a soap opera. Another thing I didn't like was this Blue dude. First off, his last name is Westbrook which only makes me think of the Eagles. And second, he has a big head. He's already full of himself and he didn't even do anything yet! If he's supposed to be an annoying jerk then he's doing a great job. The other thing I didn't like was Derwin's storyline, but there was really nothing I could do about that. They had to have him leave and that's how they chose to do it. It was just so sad, especially when he was crying. It was real. And lastly (which is kind of silly), how dare they keep dangling Rick Fox in our faces, playing with my emotions! 
So what's my verdict: ehh. I'm still on the fence about watching this show, but I'm leaning towards not watching. I really don't understand how the show can go on when 2 of the main characters are gone. I know this is an ensemble show, but looking back to the pilot, Melanie was the one that brought us into this world and now she's gone. Yes, people get traded in football all the time but I wish there was a way that they could still be on the show with this trade happening. The only reason why I would watch is because of Tee Tee, Rick Fox and my love for football. I honesetly think I'll watch next week. Only because the first episode of a new season is never that amazing and it's just the beginning of a storyline. Nothing really happens yet, though I wish it did. But don't count on me giving them my rating week after week. I'll be resulting to DVR and online watching from now on. Viewers come and go, "but the game goes on." 

Now I'm going to go on a little rant.
I think it's pretty sad that this show is what it is now. I'm not the only one who feels this way; just look and Twitter (and even Instagram). So many people don't like it. And it's sad because this is a show created by Blacks with basically and all Black cast and sadly today we don't see enough of this on TV. All I want is for this show to succeed and I hate not supporting this show and seeing it go downhill. I guess all I can do now is hope for some miracle that will make the show good again. I'm done talking about this now. If you want to hear more leave comments and if you know me, see me in person; I'll be happy to discuss more of this with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment