Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Season Finale Update: Emerald City


The first season of Emerald City has come to an end and here's my verdict; I loved it. This was a fantastic retelling of the classic story. The writers did a great job balancing the old and the new. Every character was written with such depth and each one had a twist to their story. It really kept me on my toes. Every week I was surprised about a new discovery.
Tip/Ozma's story and her relationship with West was one of my favorite parts. Of course I loved Dorothy and Lucas (yes, Lucas). I loved how their relationship came full circle in the end. I also really loved how it was Dorothy's (supposed) mother that landed her in Oz and now her mother is calling for her return.

The production and costume design for this show was so grand. Everything from the locations and sets to the costumes was epic. I wanted all of Lady Ev's outfits and masks! The whole scope of Oz was so big and bright. It was futuristic and yet old school at the same time. They did an amazing job with this.

I really hope that this show gets a second season because I have a ton of questions. I mainly need to know about Dorothy's parents, specifically who her dad is. I also need to know why Dorothy's mother really gave her away. Basically, I want more flashbacks around the time of Dorothy's birth. And of course I'm anticipating the Beast Forever's appearance. I'm also really interested in learning more about that history.
What did you guys think of the season? What do you want to see in season 2?

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment