Friday, April 17, 2015

Scandal - I'm Just a Bill

Papa Pope is back you best believe he's stirring up some trouble packaged in a very good monologue. This is your major spoiler warning. If you haven't watched, stop now, watch and come back. Something big happened this week and I don't want to be blamed for ruining it for you.

Marcus
He's back, too, and he's running for mayor but has a bit of a problem when the mayor's wife who he's sleeping with is murdered. So he calls the only person he knows who could fix this, Olivia.
The more these two hang out the more they like each other. I would be more shocked if he didn't end up working at OPA in the near future. I don't think this is the last we'll see of Marcus. He fights for justice and Olivia's got the white hat back on so she does too. She needs to beef up OPA now. All she has is Quinn and Huck who are targets of Rowan right now and could end up dead. I'm not saying they will die or that I want them to die, but it's a possibility that Olivia has to deal with. She needs more help.

The White House
Fitz is trying to get this bill passed and only one thing stands in his way, Susan Ross. Susan Ross is force to be reckoned with, which is making her my favorite person in that house. Mark my words, she may not want to be president now but that will change. Her voice as VP is going to grow. She already got Fitz to fix the bill, she's going to do more and more. Soon someone will mention she should run or ask if she will run and put the idea in her head that she's capable and would be good at it, and then boom. Mellie is going to be pissed but oh well.

Russell
I am so mad. Not because he killed Jake, but because he's B613! I had so much hope for him. I really didn't want him to be connected to Rowan in any way. I think deep down I knew he was bad news, because every man that comes into Liv's life is, but I wanted him to be different. She really needed an escape. He let her be Alex and now she can't be Alex anymore which means that she is going to have to face all the crap that happened to her. Her reaction to the truth is important. I think it will break her. I mean completely break her to the point of her sobbing on the floor somewhere. I predict much emotional distress.

Jake's dead?
I pose that as a question because [SPOILER ALERT] there are pictures on the internet of him bandaged and lying in bed alive, but who knows. Let's act like he's dead for a second. I felt nothing! I wasn't shocked and I surely wasn't sad about it. The only thing I felt during that scene was anger because Russell is B613. That's it. If he's dead, I really don't care and if he isn't, then what's new. I find that kind of hilarious. I didn't know how I would react to Jake's death but I did expect some kind of reaction.
My one question is why did Rowan go after Jake first? I mean, other than the love triangle drama. There are so many other B613 agents that Rowan could have killed to get to Olivia.

Overall, this was a really great episode. It's been a long time since I've watched an episode and was unable to focus on anything non-Scandal related. I couldn't even get up to pee during the commercials because I was checking the internet for everyone else's reactions! It was amazing and it was nice to get some epic Pope family monologues. Can't wait to see what next week brings!

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment