Friday, April 24, 2015

Scandal - First Lady Sing the Blues

This week on Scandal the Russian B613 meets the American B613 and the American one wins.

White House
First, we need to talk about what's going on with Mellie's campaign. Sally Langston made it her duty to bring Mellie down and it didn't really work. People seem to think that Mellie being married to the president is a conflict of interest and that she can't be senator. Once I heard this I was like, they're going to get a divorce. The offer was put on the table, wasn't used in the end, but I think it will be brought up again. I just have this feeling that Mellie will hand Fitz divorce papers in the finale. I don't know why, I just do and this episode makes me think that it will actually happen.
That Cyrus/Sally scene was the best thing! They should put those 2 hound dogs in a room together more often!
Oh, and the feminism that was weaved into this storyline gave me so much life. Really, all of the feminism on this show gives me life!

OPA
So, remember way back when, when OPA's cases would parallel something going on in Liv's life? Well, this week's case reminded me of those times. Liv had to help this grandma get out of basically the Russian version of B613, just like she helped Huck. It was a very good feeling of nostalgia. I liked those times. I love parallels. But, it didn't end well which means that the help Jake was getting was gone and now he's barely alive in a hospital bed. Yup, that's right. He's still alive (bleh). I mean what did Rowan say; "It irritates me to know that he's still breathing."
Frankly, I am so done with B613. You don't know how happy I was when Liv said she was done trying to bring them down, but that didn't last long. And now we have this foxtail mess. It's just one thing after the next. Of course, I want to know what foxtail is but I just wish it didn't exist because I'm so done. I just need for Rowan and Olivia to had an epic showdown that ends all of this and it better happen by the finale.
The best part of what went on with OPA was when Liv found out about Russell. I was really starting to get pissed off. They were saying too much within an earshot of him and they were starting to look real dumb. Now she's got him and she's going to use him. Hopefully Papa Pope isn't 1000 steps ahead of it like he always is.  

Now this episode had its ups and downs but Olivia made up for that. I love Liv's bark and bite and thank the writers for that. I also thank them for that Sally/Cyrus scene. Now we have to wait 2 weeks (again) to find out what happens next.

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment