Monday, January 11, 2016

A Change is Coming: Changes, Update and More!


First off I want to say happy 2016 everyone! I hope the new year started off great for you.

Now on to that title. I feel like I just changed things and here I am again. But change is good right? Well at least I think so. I need change in my life to survive, so here I am again changing things. This isn't a visual change, this is a content change. Don't freak out! I will still be writing TV show and movie reviews, I'm just going to be adding to this.
I've decided that I wanted to expand this blog into more of an entertainment blog. Along with my reviews you will also get opinion pieces on different topics about this industry. Some of these pieces will just be opinions and some will be reactions to comments and/or events that happen.

I follow many people that have blogs just like this and I know there are a lot of people out there doing this, too. So I had to think about the question: "What makes me different from them?" Simple answer: it's me, Kia. I am different from all of those other people out there. The longer answer requires me to describe some things about me. I am a person of color (POC) and more specifically, a woman of color (WOC). I am a part of the Blerd (Black nerd) community. I am a feminist. I fight for equal and accurate representations of ALL people in the media. The majority of my posts will be in these categories because this is who I am and this is my blog; a partial representation of me.

I will continue to post new content on Mondays, Wednesdays and/or Fridays.

So in summary, I will be expanding my blog to be more of an entertainment blog and will continue to follow the Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule. Also, I plan to do a movie series in February on films that had a major impact on the African American community for Black History Month. Get excited for that.
I am still taking suggestions for movie reviews, TV show update reviews, and now topics for my opinion pieces.
2016 is the year I put myself out there more. Get excited because I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment