Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Winter Premieres 2017: Scandal



Scandal is back and it's election night! Here's the basics of what happened. Mellie lost, but Vargas got shot. So Fitz has to do his outbound presidential duty of putting his support behind either Cyrus or Mellie to actually be president. Liv is on the war path to find out who shot Vargas and when she confronts her dad and he says he didn't do it, so her next target is Cyrus. But she's on a time limit to prove it. She fails and Fitz announces his support for Cyrus. But in that very moment, Liv uncovers some evidence that makes Cyrus look guilty. And that was the episode.
For the first time in a long time I thoroughly enjoyed an episode of Scandal. There wasn't anything that happened that made me roll my eyes in annoyance. I think it has to do with the fact that the whole episode was so focused on election night that there wasn't anytime for side stories.

I am curious to see where this season goes. The main storyline is figuring out who shot [Vargas] but they can't spend all their time doing that. I mean, sure, it's going to take some time. I expect it to take quite a few episodes, but it won't take forever. So, what will happen next? This show is so hard to predict and I wish I had something, but I don't. I'll just be watching along with you, trying to figure it all out.

So, what did you think of the episode.

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment