Wednesday, February 3, 2016

New Winter Shows!

While all my fall shows went on a horrifyingly long hiatus, I took it upon myself to pass the time by checking out some new shows that premiered this winter. Here's my verdict on those.

Legends of Tomorrow
This show got off to shaky start for me and I'm still not sold on it. I was not a fan of Jax being drugged and taken against his will. I'm also not a fan of Carter. He's just too much of an eager beaver for me. I felt that he needed to chill and let Kendra remember her past lives in her time, instead of trying to force it on her. 
Also, this show only has one goal: to kill Vandal Savage. I'm forced the believe that this is all we're going to get week in and week out, and I know they'll be in different situations. I just hope that I don't get bored of it.
Now I'm a TGIT fan, so I will only give this show my live viewership for one more week. Then it can live in my DVR.   

X-Files
I finally caught up, and even though this show had only been out of my life for a month I was still super excited when it came back. I'm loving every minute of it! 

Recovery Road
ABC Family, well Freeform now, shows always hook me in. I mean who doesn't love a slightly teenage, more so young adult drama? Plus, the shows on this network always tackle important issues and they do it so well. I just have to support that.

Superstore
I am very picky when it comes to anything in the comedy genre. So I think it's a miracle that I've found one that I actually enjoy. This show makes me laugh and that' all I ask for. The cherry on top of this sundae is representation. I love how diverse the cast is and not only does it represent people of different sexes and races, but it even represents people with disabilities. That's something that I rarely see on TV today.

Have you watched any of these shows? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment