Sunday, May 17, 2015

Scandal - You Can't Take Command

We've come to the end of another season. This time I'm going to give you a list of some things that happened and what I thought about them all.



Rowan Eli is in jail and Mama Pope is free
Is this really real? I find this too good to be true, maybe because I never thought it would happen. For the first time in the history of him being on this show he wasn't 1000 steps ahead of everybody! And, he really tried to talk his way out of it and scare Olivia but no one was here for it. I feel that he doesn't know how to get himself out of this one.
I don't even know what to say about Maya being free. Now she can wreak havoc wherever she goes because you know she's not going to hide away and live life like a normal person. I just really don't want her to be the big bad of season 5. I don't know if I can take other season of Olivia trying to bring down one of her parents.

What the Huck
Once a killer always a killer, I guess. I don't even know. My question is, did Quinn end up killing him? I'd like to think no, but she's capable of anything and full of surprises.

Liz
Welcome, Cyrus Beane female! I mean, she is just as evil as he is and now she's got his job. But what is her agenda really, now that she knows all of Fitz and Mellie's dirty little secrets? She's probably going to blackmail him til the cows come home.

Cyrus got fired!
Okay first, who forgot that Cyrus was working with Rowan? I did!! I completely forgot about all of the secret meetings they had in season 2. I forgot that he was the most evil person on this show! Rowan was just a distraction from the real monster, Cyrus.
But back to him being fired; it's about time! Fitz should have let him go a LONG time ago with all of the horrible things he's done.

Mellie got kicked out of the white house
I am mad about this and let me tell you why. Mellie was just trying to help, which is something that she's always done. How many times has she done horrible things and how many time has she made sacrifices so Fitz can be who he is today, and this is what he throws her out for?! I mean, dude shot down a plane of over 300 people and Mellie knew about it and still tried to help him. Now she's getting punished for it.
So question, are they actually going to get a divorce now?

That ending
I didn't like it. Well, the Jake part was fine but the Fitz part, no.
Jake can go. I've never liked him. Never have and never will. But where will he go? I believe he's jobless and homeless, so what's he going to do?
Now I thought that Liv was choosing herself, but I guess she left that back in the first half of this season. As some of you know I have not been here for Fitz for a while now, so this ending didn't do it for me. And what are they going to do because you know they can't just do whatever they want?! And, why did they make out all out in the open like that like no one would be watching them?! That was not smart. Is she going to move into the white house now because she seems to have made herself very comfortable. I mean, she got her wine glasses and everything.

This episode and season overall
Now I know I said this last year, but this episode really seemed like a series finale. I mean, Mellie can go off and be political, the villain Eli is in jail, and Cyrus now has time to take care of his daughter. I just don't see how OPA can come back from this. Olivia is off living life in the white house and once she hears about Huck, it's over. My favorite part of this episode was Liv's "you can't take command" speech. I like that Olivia. She should come around more often. Also, Mama Pope is always a joy. I love the lines they write for her.
After this season I don't ever want to hear 'B613' again! Everyone is dead or in jail so we need to let that go. I loved that this season was more like the earlier ones compared to season 3. I'm just shocked this season didn't go out with a bang like all of the others. Well, until next fall.    

Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment