Thursday, July 3, 2014

How to Train Your Dragon (2010)

Synopsis
Hiccup's (Jay Baruchel) one goal in life was to be a true Viking, fighting and killing just like everyone else in his town. He tries so hard but no one believes he can do it, especially his father the leader of those fighting the dragons. Things really change when Hiccup takes down a dragon and instead of killing it, they become friends.

My Verdict
I really had no intentions of seeing this movie when it came out, but I heard it was really good so I finally gave it a shot. I really enjoyed this movie. Everything about it was better than some of the Disney/Pixar movies I've seen. There wasn't any singing which I didn't mind at all, but the music that was in the film was epic, Narnia epic. I loved it.
Of course there was a moral to the story which was great. Basically throughout the entire movie people keep telling Hiccup to be everything but himself. And yes, in the end he learned that being himself was all he needed to do and I figured this out early on, but this is a message that's so necessary but I don't see it that often.
There also seemed to be and old generation v. new generation theme and both working together for one common goal. I like how the younger generation came up with the solution and they needed everyone to help out.
Lastly, I really liked the characters in the movie, especially the female characters. I loved how everyone was a Viking and trained to be a Viking. It wasn't just for the men. Astrid (America Ferrera) is awesome! I love a female character that kicks butt!
I'm giving this movie an 8.5/10 and I now I need to see the second one.

IMBD page, Pic credit

No comments:

Post a Comment